- Pastor of Our Lady of the Mountains Parish
- Born in Barnesboro, Pa
- Attended St. Fidelis College in Herman, PA
- Received his MDiv From Washington Theological Union in 1978
- Professed vows as a Capuchin Friar in 1972
- Ordained in 1979
Fr. Greg was installed as the first pastor of Our Lady of the Mountains Parish in September of 2011. Although most of his years in ministry have been in parish work as a Parochial Vicar and Pastor, Fr. Greg also has served as hospital chaplain, teacher and Provincial Vicar of the Province of St. Augustine. He enjoys gardening, crossword puzzles, and the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Parochial Vicar
- Born in Erie, PA
- Professed Final Vows as a Capuchin Friar on August 23, 2014
- Ordained a Deacon on September 6, 2014
- Ordained a Priest on June 6, 2015
Fr. John Paul first came to Our Lady of the Mountains Parish in August of 2014 to serve as a deacon. After being ordained a priest he was assigned as our parochial vicar. He previously earned a BA in Philosophy from Gannon University in Erie, then first studied theology at St. Vincent Seminary in Latrobe, PA and after joining the Capuchin Order finished his theological studies, earning an M.Div. at the Catholic University of America in D.C. He enjoys hiking, downhill skiing, baking pies, and sacred music.
- Senior Priest
- Born in Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Educated at St. Fidelis Seminary and Capuchin College, DC
- Professed Vows June 1960
- Ordained October 24, 1965
Father Louis is on the Pastoral Staff of Our Lady of the Mountains Parish in the role of Senior priest. While not assigned to specific duties within the Parish, Father Louis regularly gives his service in a helping capacity, filling in where needed or called upon. As such, he regularly celebrates daily and Sunday Mass, is also available for the Sacrament of Reconciliation and is most willing to discuss personal spiritual situations with those who call upon him in this regard.
Father Louis has been a Capuchin-Franciscan for over fifty-five years and a Capuchin priest for fifty-two. His previous ministry has mostly been parish ministry serving in Ohio, Pennsylvania and Maryland.
MR. EDWARD JONES
- Parish Manager
- Born in Bethlehem, PA
- Attended St. Vincent College on a basketball scholarship; earned an MBA from University of Pittsburgh
Mr. Jones has held sales and management positions throughout his career. He also owned several businesses and worked as a financial analyst. He is currently the Parish Manager for Our Lady of the Mountains, as well as the churches of western Allegany and northern Garrett Counties. Married with three children, Mr. Jones has taught religious education, coached basketball and is a 3rd Degree Knight of Columbus. He enjoys many hobbies, including playing piano, running, hunting and fishing.
- Director of Religious Education
- Administrative Assistant to the Pastor