St. Patrick was established in 1790-1791 and originally known as St. Mary’s. Located on Centre Street in Cumberland, the current church was designed by Irish architect, John Tehan and dedicated in November of 1851. Due to the growing Irish population in Cumberland at that time, it was renamed the Church of Saint Patrick.
A large and active parish, the faith formation classes for youth are held at this location (and at St. Ambrose). Adult education classes and programs are also conducted here, and the main office for Our Lady of the Mountains Parish is based at this site.
- Sunday – 11:00 a.m.
Address201 North Centre Street
Cumberland, Maryland 21502
From the West
- From I-68 take Exit 43C toward Downtown
- Turn right onto Queen City Drive
- Turn right onto S Centre St
- Turn right onto Hanover St
- Parking is available in two lots, one in front of the church and another behind